Friday, June 6, 2014

Ministers Desk 8th June

Last week David shared with the congregation that I have received a call from Albany Creek Uniting Church to join them as their minister in September this year. For Amy and I this has been a long journey and it’s actually a great relief to finally be able to share it with you all.

I’m excited about the things God has in store at Albany Creek but I also know that finishing at Emmanuel will be difficult.
Emmanuel will always be my first placement, where I shared in my first funeral, my first wedding, lead my first camp. So much of my ministry here has been a first for me and I’m sure at times this was painfully obvious. With that in mind I will always be grateful for the opportunity Emmanuel has given me to grow into my ministry and the grace you’ve shown me along the way.

There is much more that needs to be said but I’m going to save that for August when I actually leave, because it’s still three months until I go. I’m sure that time will pass all too quickly and there is still much to do.

It has, and continues to be, a privilege to serve at Emmanuel Uniting Church. I’m excited about the things God has in store for Emmanuel and I’m looking forward to still being a part of that until it is my time to leave.


Grace and Peace
Harlee Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment